About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Thursday, July 3, 2008

The conclusion continuing saga...

Okay, here's an update to the "May I be excused?" battle. Well, the method I was using from this book, should have worked. It would have worked just fine on XMan, he does not enjoy any type of pain or discipline and would have "caved" a lot sooner. Little Man, on the other hand, just seemed to shut down emotionally. He would glaze over and look defeated, and yet he wouldn't SAY THE WORDS I was asking him to say!!! He cried when Daddy picked him up and tried to reason with him once again, that was the only form of emotion he offered. He quit saying, "No," and just looked at me so sad. But, basically, I spent hours upon hours yesterday after each meal trying to maintain some form of obedience with the child.

Last night, for dinner, I just let them eat in the living room with a video, I was so exhausted from the whole day's ordeal! I didn't even feel like going to our church picnic, because we'd had such a horrible day.... So, I copped out I guess!! There is just no way we could continue doing the same method with him, it wasn't working. We're gonna drop it today and pray about how to handle it. He has been really responsive to directions this morning, so we'll see, maybe it did spark something in his little mind. I am going to make a big deal about XMan's manners when we eat lunch and give him a reward for asking to be excused.

We'll see.....

No comments:

Radical | A book by David Platt