Tonight after dinner, XMan did his usual routine of asking to be excused and taking his plate to the counter, etc. I made a big deal about his good manners and offered a couple of jelly beans as reward. It felt pretty silly to reward him, he's been doing this for years. (I told him not to get used to it, this was just to teach Brother!)
Well, Little Man got all excited about the prospect of some candy. He was going nuts asking for some jelly beans.
So, I asked him, "What do you need to ask Mommy to get down from the table?"
Clearly and distinctly, he asked, "Pwease can my get down?" He even took his plate to the sink as he got up.
That's good enough for me tonight! He obviously has the concept down. Something about the words, "May I be excused?" is not sitting well with him, I suppose. We'll keep working on that part!

1 comment:
Way to go, Little Man!!!
And I love the new little development ticker!!! I am SO excited it is a GIRL!!!!!!!! Fun, fun!
Post a Comment