About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Um, yeah.....

Remember when I told you about the organizational book I was going to read/work on? Then I told you I couldn't even find the book since we had moved? Well, Hubby was ever-so-diligent one night in helping set up the computer area and in doing so, he found all the worksheets that go with the book! I have already finished reading it, so all I need to do now is put the actual schedule together. He was so sweet and laid the worksheets out right in front of my face, where they couldn't be missed! Wasn't that nice of him???

I spent last night, after the kids were in bed, trying to put an amount of time to all the activities I need/want to do in a day. I had so many things on my list, even after praying about and removing non-essentials, I thought, "Oh, this is going to be good. Surely I have 2 1/2 days worth of time alloted! hahaha...."

Yeah. Well, when I added all my 1/2 hours and hours up, including sleep, I had a whopping......

21.5 hours.

Basically, with what I had figured out, I should have 2.5 EXTRA HOURS A DAY!!!! Are you kidding me???? I never get all the things on my list done and I certainly don't have 2.5 extra hours to do fun stuff!!! How does this happen?!?!

When Hubby came in last night, I had him help me (realistically) look at the numbers again. He helped me re-figure some of my time frames. For instance, I thought it only took me about 1/2 an hour to get ready for bed, he just laughed. He said, "No, you take at least an hour finishing up and getting in bed!"
Oh. Well, then.

So, when we finished, we had 23.5 hours. I think I will need the buffer time that 1/2 hr. provides, ha. Next assignment, I have to account for the 24 hours a day my children spend!! Have you ever thought about what your kids do for 24 hours a day? Go track that one day and see if you have a lot of wasted time. We sure do!

More soon!

No comments:

Radical | A book by David Platt