About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Thinking 'bout things...

Some of you might have noticed that I changed up my playlist - some of you probably mute it all the time anyways, ha. It's just temporary, I will get back to my Christian music in a few weeks. But, some of those songs have been sticking with me lately. The other night, Hubby and I watched "The Bucket List." (The one with Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman.) I am not normally a Jack Nicholson fan, but I had heard this one was actually a decent movie.
I don't have to tell you the whole premise of the movie, it's pretty self-explanatory. Basically the men were trying to make a list of things they would want to do before they "kicked the bucket." Things like seeing something amazing, laughing until you cry, you get the idea. The song playing during the credits was "Say," by John Mayer. The lyrics really hit me because they were so true.
As we get closer and closer to the one year anniversary of my Dad's death, my mind has been gravitating to that topic a lot. There are so many things I wish I could have said to my Dad before he died, and didn't get a chance to. There are other things I did tell him; things I forgave him for, things I asked forgiveness for. I know how hard it is to live each day as if it could be the last, but it's so very important to let the people you love know. As I have been laying down at night, I can't help but going through the list. "Did I hug my children more than I corrected them today? Was I supportive of my husband today? Have I called my family lately?"
I am not suggesting that we live our lives walking on eggshells around people, waiting for disaster to strike, so that we'll know we ended on a happy note. But, even during our struggles with people, we can let them know we care and that we value them in our lives. So, everyone please go out there and "Say what you need to say."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice playlist sista'! The entire John Mayer Continuum cd has great lyrics. I'm going to start burning cds to send you now! Oh I've got playlists for all the emotions....

Love you all (from the east to the west, to the moon and back X ;)

Cayce said...

Wow ... there's nothing like a good cry at 5:30 in the morning. I'm dealing with the same emotions right now (but from a different perspective - if that makes sense). When I found out about my father-in-law, things just sort of shifted for me. I can totally relate to some of your thoughts.

I will continue to pray for you as you deal with this on what I'm sure sometimes is a minute-by-minute basis.

Please pray for me as I've been given the awesome (and scary) opportunity to minister to my family through this time of trial. I have no doubt that God has been building me up for the last 2 years for this very moment. I feel very weighed down by the spiritual responsibility of it all but I know that God has me where He wants me. He's woven Himself into every aspect of my life and I know it's because He was preparing me for this.

Sorry to turn this into a small book. Things are so much clearer at 5:30 in the morning.

Love you!!

Cayce

Heather said...

A wholeheartedly agree...I had all the same emotions when Mom died. It makes you truly appreciate the people you love. Thank you for the reminder...I need to go call my dad!

btw...I love the new playlist!

Radical | A book by David Platt