We went to Wal-Mart to
Basically, right now, we will probably go north and find a campground to stay at. Having the d.o.g. with us will make it harder to stay in hotels, etc. anyway. Not to mention, the funds aren't exactly padded for that right now.
To make it a little bit more complicated, Hubby's great-grandmother passed away this week. She was 100 years old, having just celebrated her birthday August 23rd. (I will do a special post on Great-Grandma Lynd when we have more time for it! Our kids are part of her 5th generation! She has a very sweet story, I can't wait to share it with you.) We will be at the visitation tonight, and the funeral in the morning. So, even if we are leaving, it won't be until after that! We didn't live here for the huge devastation that everyone experienced with Hurricane Rita, but I hate traffic enough to know I don't want to be stuck in it for long!
In other news, Hubby was scheduled to have a surgery on his arm next Wednesday. He has been battling acute tendinitis since we left the military. It hurts him to even lift the kids anymore. :-( They called today to say that he actually has a torn ligament and will need more surgery than they thought! So, we'll be going to Houston for a specialist to do that surgery, as opposed to having an out-patient procedure done here. Then, it will be at least 6-8 weeks out of work for recovery. Follow that up with having the other arm done and another 6-8 weeks out of work! WOW.
Do I have a few things going on here, or what? Whew. I am worn out just typing about it. Talk to y'all soon!!

1 comment:
Be safe whatever you descide to do.
Post a Comment