About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Yardsale-ing

Howdy all. We headed out early this morning to go find some cheap stuff bargains around the area. We like to make a list and only go to the ones that advertise what we need at that moment in time. (We learned this the hard way, after ending up eventually selling things we had to have at a yard sale...) A few months ago, I racked up on baby clothes for Halia, only spending about $30 total. I had at least 25 pieces of baby girl clothes within that $30 mark! Not bad, huh?

This morning, I was looking for a bookshelf, DVD shelf and boy shoes. We found all three! And threw in a croquet set for XMan as well. (I know, I know, another bookshelf?? Didn't we just build some bookshelves?? Hey, a book fanatic can never have enough!) The boy shoes were practically brand new, and I got all three pairs for $3.50. Sigh. I love a good deal.

When we were in NC a few weeks ago, the weather turned chilly on us before we could react. I went to a local consignment store and got several pairs of jeans for the kids at only $1.50-$4.00 each. I just cannot rationalize spending $20 on a pair of jeans that my boys will have holes in before the week is out!

Okay, so now we're off to work in the yard. Well, Hubby is. I am going to supervise croquet. Children + wooden mallets= possible chaos.

No comments:

Radical | A book by David Platt