About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Thursday, December 4, 2008

In the trenches

Hey guys. Not too much post material this week! We're pretty much hunkered down in the the "trenches" of life right now. With the vehicle issues, the rainy weather, the barrage of stomach aches and sniffly noses, I am worn out! In between that, we are trying to avoid the holiday commercialism while coming up with meaningful Christmas gifts & activities. Does any of this sound like your household?

So, for the sake of conversation, tell me what your holiday plans are! Anyone have a favorite tradition they like to do? Will some of you be traveling? Anyone already have Christmas cards mailed out? (If you do, you're obviously an over-achiever!)

I like to start up my favorite Christmas CDs - yeah, I know I'm the only one left without an MP3 player, right- and play them in the background. We also enjoyed making & dropping off the shoeboxes for Samaritan's Purse this year. I think that one will become a tradition for us. Has anyone ever done an Angel Tree gift? Those seem very rewarding.

Can't wait to hear about your favorites!! (It will give me something to do in between all the wiping-of-bodily-fluids.....ick.)

1 comment:

sariah said...

Hi! Had to pop over and read your blog! I've often seen your comments at Aspiring to Simplicity.

Speaking of meaningful Christmas activities, we rang the bell for a Salvation Army kettle at Fred Meyers last year. (I actually didn't like it because that is not in my comfort zone, but my 12 and 9 year old boys are wanting to do it again this year.) My daughter and I thought it was great serving dinner the day before Christmas at the Sal. Army soup kitchen. The brass players that serenaded the cafeteria were so fun to listen to while we served the coffee and turkey.

But our favorite thing to do this time of year that is more of a tradition, is to visit rest homes and play our best piano duets and solos. Visiting rest homes always reminds us of our dear Grandma Ruby who is now in heaven.

Radical | A book by David Platt