For lunch today, I had 2 roma tomatoes, two carrots, and two celery stalks. And I ate them all in about 1 minute! I just used my handy dandy juicer and it was like making a homemade version of "V8." We've been trying to use it more often, so the fridge is full of produce right now.
In fact, I spent this afternoon peeling a 50 pound bag of oranges! They were hard to pass up at only $5, so we bought the bag to use for juicing. Even though we like oranges, 50 lbs is a lot! They weren't going to stay ripe long, waiting around to be used, so I went ahead and peeled them all. I put 8 oranges a bag into my Foodsaver bags, and sealed them up tight. 3 bags went into the freezer, and three more into the fridge for immediate use.
I really like the Foodsaver, it's so handy! I used it the other week to preserve my gargantuan sweet potatoes. They're chopped, vacuum-sealed, and frozen until we're ready to eat them!
Here's a link about "juicing" for health reasons.

2 comments:
Very cool. I wondered if anyone had a Foodsaver. They seem really neat. Do have an extra freezer? I've been thinking about needing/wanting at least a small chest freezer.
I ate a homade sweet roll for breakfast. (insert the thock sound of the V-8 commercial) I coulda had a homade V-8!
Hehe, well that sounds good too, Micah! We do have a small chest freezer. It has actually come in handy, I wasn't sure we needed it when we bought it. I think the Foodsaver machine is awesome! My stuff was getting freezer-burn really bad in regular Ziplocks. This eliminated that problem for me!
Post a Comment