About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Octuplets: God's way?

I hadn't actually heard a whole lot about this story, until a friend brought it up this morning. Hearing about it again made me want to look into it more. Here's a video I came up with. This woman seems very irresponsible to me. To have more children, through in-vitro fertilization, while she is jobless and single is just selfish. This isn't a God-given equation, this MAN interfering with fertility to accomplish their own desires. God doesn't give us EIGHT children at once for a reason!



1 comment:

EllaJac said...

The 'related' video ad at the bottom says, "everything I do revolves around my children." I so disagree. I think it's all about *her*.

Jobless and single? Sure, but she doesn't use welfare. I mean, foodstamps, yes, and disability for her 3 disabled kids, and well, she intends to use the state-funded daycare so she can get her master's degree in... counseling. But not welfare.

Huh?

Wow, can you tell my compassion is seriously lacking?

It's atrocious, really. I love kids, and think more (decent) people should have more of them, but this kind of thing is what's going to get the rest of us in trouble. To bring ONE child into the world without a father, or the wherewithal to provide (I don't just mean monetarily) for them is sad. To do it so intentionally - at SUCH great expense! - with so many is pushing criminal, to me...

Radical | A book by David Platt