Well, we planted a few seeds to start our container gardening the other week. We decided we use tomatoes and green bell peppers the most, so that's what we're growing. (We're doing a container garden because we are renting this house and the lease is up in May. We'd like to find another place, so I didn't want to start a garden and have to leave it here for someone else!) I also started a few delphinium seeds because I think they're pretty.
Here's what they looked like on planting day, the 11th:

Here they are 8 days later, the 19th:

No wonder these are called "Early Girl" tomatoes!
2 comments:
You are planting seedlings all ready! I'm a little jealous. :-) What zone are you?
I find that I need to use a flourescent light over my seedlings to help them from getting too leggy. I prop up either end of the fixture with books we don't read that often, and as the plants grow taller, I add a few more books. I try to keep the light as close as possible to the plants. Home Depot has the shop light flourescent fixtures I'm talking about for around $10 I think. Once you invest in one or two you can keep them year after year and that makes it more worth it. Sorry this is such a long comment. Starting seeds was my passion ever since jr. high!
HI Sariah! Well, we're on the Gulf Coast of Texas, and we have this season called "Almost-Winter." Our "Almost-Winter" is actually winding down now. The kids have been in short sleeves for a week or so. But, just to ease the jealousy, please know that we have excruciatingly hot and humid summers! The kind you don't even want to go outside in. Bleh!
This is my first time actually starting seedlings, I hope it continues going well!
Post a Comment