About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Friday, February 27, 2009

Work Day....hopefully.

Well, today is the day we are supposed to be making our fence into an electric one. We are attempting to keep this:









inside the yard! I was a little hesitant to turn the fence into a "live" one. I mean, we do live in a neighborhood, with kids all over the place, for goodness sake. But, we found out that people all over our said neighborhood have horses, chickens, etc.

To back that up, in just the past week, our neighbors directly beside us have brought home a slew of animals! The one to the left brought in two pygmy goats and a chihuahua. (Interesting combo, I know.) The ones to the right have THREE new puppies, in addition to the dog they already had outside. That's right, THREE lab puppies.

Yap, yap, yap. yap, yap, yap. all. day. long.

Anyway, they both made lots of fence/containment modifications this week to keep their new animals in. We're doing the same. I am tired of chasing the dog all over the place when she climbs over the fence! So, in an effort to contain our giant almost-one-year-old pup, we are going to string a live wire across the fence, on our side, using extenders, to keep it away from the opposite sides of the fence. It looks pretty safe to me. I also bought these neon yellow signs to warn anyone trying to lean over and pet her that they might feel a strong little zap from now on. :-)

This all depends on when Hubby makes it back from the little bit of work he had left this morning. Meanwhile, I should really be cleaning the house, because we have a sitter coming tonight! (Not that it isn't always in sparking, guest-ready condition!) She's coming so that we can go to Sam's Club have a date night! Talk to ya later!

1 comment:

Micah said...

LOL ... we just hauled our youngest on a lunch date... and WHERE did we go before we ate?... Sam's! LOL

Radical | A book by David Platt