
Well, Sunday morning we decided to stay home from church because the kids (and Mommy) had had a hard time sleeping after burying Banner that evening. So, we took it easy and then around 10am hubby asked if we could go to a nearby beach. 'Cause we're
(Off-topic: We've been slathering on sunscreen since May 1st around here. One day I was at Sonic with Little Man and the young carhop girl that served us was black. Little Man pipes up as she is delivering our food, "Did her sunscreen not work, Mommy?!" She just smiled. Out of the mouths of babes!)
Anyway, we needed to take Hubby's truck with the 4WD b/c the beach he wanted to visit is very bumpy and the sand dunes are big. (It's not the normal beach we go to right here in TX. This one is called Martin Beach in Louisiana.) So, we left around 12:30 and headed out. Sure enough, as soon as we got there, another truck in front of us was STUCK. GOOD. Hubby was almost giddy as he got out to help. I told him he should have been a tow truck driver, because every time he has the opportunity to use his 4WD or wench, he's super excited! So, we helped the other family get out of the sand drifts and then they followed us down the beach to park.
I don't swim, so Hubby is the one who takes the kids out in the ocean. He took each of the boys for a turn out in the water, and then swam out a little farther by himself. Baby Girl and I chilled by the water's edge and tried not to burn. I had her in a little IKEA tent that Aunt B bought us a while back. She liked it for a little while, but then only wanted to be held. (Ha, I just reailized the irony, that her tent is an igloo, at the smoltering hot beach.) So, we stayed for about 2 1/2 hours and then headed out. We drove all the way back around to Lake Charles, LA before going home. Talk about a Sunday drive!
Hubby and I have always liked just getting in the car and driving to somewhere new, someplace we haven't seen before. We always say that when our kids are all grown, we're selling everything and traveling around in an RV, or becoming over-the-road truckers, ha!
So, hubby says he had a good Father's day, even if the weekend started out a little rough!

5 comments:
Or, he could become a long distance tow truck driver!! HA - I crack me up!
Wow, the beach we get to every couple years is c-c-cold! We don't get *that* wet, for sure!
One more thing: I think you meant to say your Hubby enjoys using his 4WD and WINCH. Not "wench." I don't think you'd write about the latter on your blog. ;) hehe
...I'm so sorry. Grammar and spelling correcting is so unfriendly, but I just couldn't help it after reading (and grinning at) your reference there... :D
Is that a CHAIN in her tent there?
HA, yes it's a chain for towing cars and stuff. The wind was blowing pretty hard, so I put it inside her tent to hold it down! It's not her baby toy, don't worry.
And Ellajac, thanks for helping me out with the spelling, my brain has been fried a bit lately!
John would have had the shine sucked off that chain in no time. He can be surrounded by his own toys and he finds a piece of trash, a pen, whatever he's NOT supposed to have, and put it straight to his mouth.
Post a Comment