
So, our weekend was quite eventful and a mix of a lot of emotions. Saturday, I went to help Hubby finish up a house he's working on. The kids (all 3!) went to Nana's for the afternoon. That was a little bit stressful for me because I had to take frozen milk for Baby Girl, and the pump & car charger with me. But, we got through that and I headed over to help out. Hubby and I busted our tails all day at that house! I have the blisters to prove it! We worked all day, and I finally left around 6 to go get the kids from Nana's house. When I got home, I was busy unloading everyone and everything from the car. I looked outside b/c Banner usually gets up and greets us when we get home. She was laying down near the building with her head inside the door. I thought it was pretty silly, but she must have been hot, so she tried to get inside the bldg. It has a hard door, so I reckoned she probably couldn't get all the way in.
A few minutes later, I sent XMan out to go feed and water her. (The next door neighbor kid was already over by then!) So, the three boys went running outside. I glanced out the window and saw them standing over Banner, kind of nudging her. I knew right then that something was wrong. I ran outside and called her name. When I got close I knew she was dead. She wasn't moving at all and her body was burning up. Telling the boys to back up, I tried to move her out of the doorway, but she was stuck pretty good. She had tried to wedge into the doorway and her collar was stuck on the doorjam. Her chain was also all tangled up on a bush and she had pulled it completely taut trying to get into the building. She had also knocked over her water and it was bone dry.
I just started crying, but I tried to maintain composure since I had 3 little boys staring at me. I covered her up with a tarp and guided them all back inside. XMan was crying, Little Man was crying and the neighbor kid was speechless. (He's seen their own pets die before, but he wasn't expecting to come to our house and see it just then, ya know?) Anyways, I called Hubby and asked him to hurry home.
When he got home, we had to dig a huge hole in the back and I wrapped her in a sheet. The boys made a quick note for Banner, and we buried them with her. Sigh. So sad. She was such a "Marley & Me" kind of dog, that's the truth. But she was so sweet also. She would let Little Man climb on her back and she would just sit there. For all her stinking escaping from the yard, chewing up the pool, and digging under the house, I still miss her!
I am tired of losing dogs! Remember Reagan? We lost her 2 days after moving to Texas! The Penske truck wasn't even unpacked yet and I was about ready to turn around and go back to NC!! XMan said, "Maybe we should get a boy dog, because girl dogs don't seem to last long." Poor baby.
Well, I will blog about our Father's Day stuff later, got to go get the laundry folded...

1 comment:
Oh, I"m so sorry to hear this..! How heartbreaking. We lost a baby (but still big!) goose a few hours after changing them into a different pen... Strangled itself on the poultry netting. This was hard to bear for us -- and it's ultimate fate was dinner anyway! I can't imagine how you guys must be feeling. :(
Post a Comment