Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.
Wow, I haven't done one of these in a while. Let's see, what all hasn't been going on around here?
I told you about the tattling that we NEVER experience in the last post. We have NOT been having a stressful first few weeks of summer at our house! This is NOT due, in large part, to the fact that the boys are extremely competitive and argumentative, and any other -tive you can think of! They do not go outside to play, and come back in and out at least 15 times to tattle on each other. One of them is not always in a perpetual state of anger/hysteria/tears about something the other one did! My children are always kind, loving, and sweet towards each other, right?
I have NOT been begging, groveling, and coercing Hubby to puh-lease help me figure this Sibling Rivalry mess out! He came up with a handy, dandy "punishment" jar, from which the boys have to pull out a small slip of paper with a special discipline on. (This is in addition to the old handy, dandy spankings that still get administered!) XMan did not have to pull from the jar FOUR TIMES IN THE FIRST 2 HOURS!!! He did not also figure out the gracious "Get Out of Jail Free" slip that Hubby thought would be nice, and commence to searching for that one each time.
I am NOT totally enjoying the peace and quiet that VBS is affording me right now! We took XMan to VBS this morning and had a totally uneventful trip to Wally World! No screaming, no fighting, just the two little ones being quiet and cute for the other customers. I am NOT completely looking forward to the rest of the week being like this... Not me!
I have NOT been struggling with the housework, kids fighting and just life in general lately... So, when my Hubby answered me honestly when I posed a question about the State of the Housework with this comment, "Well, it has room for improvement," it did not make me want to go curl up in a ball and sob. It might have, but I was too busy referee-ing the boys to go do that anyway!
So, what has NOT been going on at your house? Let me know I'm not the only one!

3 comments:
wow! alot of stuff has NOT been going on at your house. haha! We are most unfortunately dealing with the tattling thing too. They seem to be in a competition as to who can tattle the most. Ugh! The method I have found to be working best for us is if you tattle then you get the punishment, not the person that you were trying to get in trouble. There are of course some exceptions(isn't parenting one big exception after another?!?!), but over all this seems to have helped curb it with both of them. all kids are different though.
oh, and I was surprised that you only have two tattoos! I seriously thought you had like four. Guess I was wrong...haha! I love mine and I think they can be an awesome expression of art or your beliefs. :) to each his own, eh. :)
luke liked getting to see xavier today!
Wow, I so do NOT know what you are talking about!! Especially the going in and out the door. Nope. The constant whining. Nope. The getting rid of just ONE kid making a WORLD of difference? Nuh-huh!
Whenever you do NOT figure it all out, do NOT call me!! ;)
I know my house is a mess but I try not to let it bother me. If I do clean it really well it will just get messy all over again.
While having more than one kid is great when they play nicely together I find that they fight a lot and there is so much more yelling than when I just had one kid
Post a Comment