About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Friday, August 28, 2009

Here We Goooooooo!!

Ok, so I kind of like writing the titles that have words that carry onnnnnnnnn! We are PACKED.
Thank you, Lord for making it happen, because there is no possible I could have gotten anything in a suitcase with out You!! About half way through my week of trying to wash clothes, sort clothes, keep the "good" clothes off the dirty floor/kids/whatever, I was at my wits end. I tried to get a family member to come help me watch the kids so I could just simply put clothes in suitcases. But, that didn't work out. So, I honestly had to get on my knees and just pray, "Ok, God, there is no possible way I can do this if You aren't in it. I have to keep stopping to do something for a child, or feed a child, or change a diaper, and I am just falling further and further behind! So, please help me find the things I need and quit worrying about anything that isn't vital to this trip!" Amazingly, I finished the week with everyone's belongings packed, the food and drinks ready, and the diapers accounted for! Every time I had a spare minute to stop and think, I could feel Him remind me about something else, or show me an item that needed to "find a home". I also felt myself stop fretting over the things that didn't necessarily matter and focus on the essentials we would need for a happy trip.

Wow! I am so glad that we can run to our Heavenly Father for big things and for the seemingly small!!

Now, I am off to bed, because we're leaving at 5am. Oh, didn't you hear? We're going on a road trip!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you guys have sooooo much fun! :) Isn't God good!!

Radical | A book by David Platt