About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Slight delay....

Sorry for the slight delay in posting! We have just been so busy having FUN! I am just now sitting down and logging on to the computer to actually check on my little ol' blog. It's only been a week! I have a lot to tell you about, and hopefully I will have some pictures downloaded by then.

Until then, here's an awesome post from KimC at Life in a Shoe. Have any of you ever heard the "I wish I could stay home with my kids, but we just can't afford it..." comment? I sure have, and let me tell you, it's a very uncomfortable comment. We didn't become independently wealthy the day our oldest son was born - suddenly affording me the opportunity to stay home with him. It was a tough decision and took a LOT of personal sacrifices, on my part and Hubby's. That dual income was a nice, shiny addition to our spending habits. It helped me buy plenty of clothes, helped pay for two car payments and lots of dinners out. Suddenly having to put the brakes on that was a shock to the system for our brand new little family.

We didn't have a very good plan in place, however, when I left work. I also didn't have the full support of my husband, which would have been a much wiser decision. But, in the end, we are so glad that I have been home to take care of children, instead of placing them in the childcare system. I like Kim's post and her response to the idea that being a Stay-at-Home-Mom is somehow a matter of winning the "coin toss" in life. It's not always easy to give up those kids-free lunches, or the grown-up conversations that can be had at work. It's not easy to spend your entire day talking about Elmo, or changing endless diapers, or even being in charge of your children's education. But, the rewards are eternal, and I am so glad that I have this chance to watch my children grow up from a front row view!

No comments:

Radical | A book by David Platt