If you saw my post from the other day, then you already know I am joining a group of people who are reading through the Bible in 90 days. Today was Day One! Of course, we were up late last night watching fireworks, so this morning was a little bit lazy and slow-starting. But, I was able to get an hour by myself to go read. The first 16 chapters of Genesis went by pretty quickly, probably because I have read them so many times before! (We'll see how fast it goes once we hit Chronicles, or Numbers...) Even though I've read the book of Genesis many times before, several things stood out to me today in a totally new way. I am going to use the SOAP technique that Mom'sToolbox uses to share one with you.
Scripture: Genesis 1:16 "And God made the two great lights -the greater light to rule the day and the lesser light to rule the night- and the stars."
Observation: What stood out to me was the use of the word "light" to describe the moon. The sun is a no-brainer, duh, it gives us light. But, the moon isn't an actual light at all, it merely reflects the sun's light. By being there to simply reflect the sun, the moon is fulfilling its God-given purpose and is able to "rule over the night." Day-in and day-out, the moon does the same thing... Occasionally, it gets to take part in one of those
Application: How in the world does this have meaning to me? Well, basically, I felt God using that scripture to show me that my role as a wife and mother might seem monotonous or plain sometimes. There are days when I would much rather sparkle all day and be the big, flashy "sun," if you will. But, God has called me to be a constant, Christ-reflecting light in our home.
Prayer: My prayer is that God will help me be satisfied and fulfilled in the role He has placed me in. I hope that I can be a better reflection of His will for me and my husband's vision for our family. I pray that God will show me when my attitude or desires are starting to "eclipse" my husband's role and help me to back off, graciously.
I can't wait to see what tomorrow's reading will reveal!

1 comment:
Wow! Can you do a SOAP every day? I read the first day's assignment last night and had my own observations I had never thougth about. This is a great way to keep track of them and learn!
Glad you put this on your site! I may need you to hold me accountable!! ;o )
Post a Comment