About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Sunday, January 3, 2010

B90: Days 2 & 3 and other stuff....

Hi! It's been a busy weekend at our house!   I did read though, and I am still on-target with my reading guide.     I didn't read straight through the past two days, though.    I can tell that made a huge difference in the impact that the scripture reading had on me.  I will have to find a way to read either before the kids wake up, or after everyone is asleep....     But, even though I don't have a specific verse that spoke to me, I did have an insight or two.

The B90 daily email has a "Something to Ponder" topic in it.    Today's was, "What mistakes of his parents did Jacob repeat?"     I actually expanded on that question in my reading and took a look at the trends the whole family seemed to have.     The biggest sin that kept being passed down in this family was: deceit.   Abraham had Sarah lie and say that she was (merely) his sister on TWO separate occasions, to save his own hide!  Then, Isaac did the same thing to Rebekah, Gen. 26:7.  Then, Rebekah takes the deceitfulness even further by encouraging and helping Jacob steal his brother's birth-right.    Then, we see Jacob years later, as he returns home and Esau comes to greet him.   He tells Esau (paraphrase), "Go on ahead, we'll be right behind you, but we're traveling slowly..."    Instead of going to Esau's home, he turns and goes another way!  Why couldn't he have just told him he was going to go another direction?   It keeps on going, with Joseph's brothers lying to their father about his death when they had in fact sold him to merchants.  Why can't this family just tell the truth?! 


What's interesting to see is that despite the complete lack of faith they show at times, they still always return to God and He continues to guide and love them.   That's good to know, isn't it?

Another neat thing I noticed was that Isaac and Ishmael buried Abraham together.   Even after Ishmael had been sent away and basically disinherited.   Gen. 25:9  


I am using an old NIV Bible, one I bought back in high school.  I also used it in boot camp and for a little while before having children.  My notes and the things I underlined back then are a neat little "blast from the past."    I had forgotten about some of the things God showed me back then.

So!   If you're still thinking about trying to read the Bible in 90 days, I encourage you to give it a try!


On another note, I am having some computer issues!  I don't know how those links showed up in my first B90 post.  I did not link to the word "e-cl-i-p-s-e" with an ebay ad to the Twilight series.    I think I may have a virus on here somewhere, so I will have to figure it out.   Ugh.

More soon!! 





No comments:

Radical | A book by David Platt