About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

This side of Heaven...

There are people out there that will never know how hard I've been praying for them.    Kirill's family, for one.    I hope I get to meet him in Heaven one day and hug his precious neck.    The young boy in NY, who escaped his mother's suicide while the car rolled into the Hudson River.  Survivor guilt must wash over him constantly, remembering how he couldn't save his three younger siblings.    Dear God, please comfort this child, send your Holy Spirit to rescue him!  The family in Canada, who has decided to not reveal their new baby's gender because they want him/her to choose for themselves.   Their poor confused older boys, who are encouraged to buy girl's clothing and color their hair pink, even though they protest to be seen as boys...   God, please remove the scales from their eyes!   Convict their sinful hearts, Lord.    My own children, who will never understand how much I pour my heart out in prayer for them.  Praying for their salvation, security, blessings, and wisdom. 

And today's latest, the waitress from the Chinese restaurant where we had lunch. 
"Can I hug your baby?"  she asked me in broken English.   Embracing the opportunity to eat with two hands, I quickly agreed.  As Zeb settled down and let this stranger snuggle him, I was touched.
"Do you have any children?" I asked her.

She nodded, "Two...." then hesitated, "They are with my parents in China." 

Mama-to-mama, I could see her blink those tears back as she told me their ages, "They are 4 and almost 1."

Almost one.   Still a baby.  And she's over here, in our land of opportunity, working to provide a home to eventually bring them to.    Our land of opportunity, which people (myself included) complain about and take for granted daily.    Father, please help her to be reunited with those babies soon.   Help her to achieve the dream she's looking for.    Keep them safe until she is with them again. 

I don't know if there are people out there who lift me up in prayer from time to time.  But, I sure hope so.   We can all use someone interceding for us.   When I meet you in Heaven, I hope to hear all about it. 

2 comments:

Michael Paine said...

the woman who has her children in china brought tears to my eyes. I can't imagine! thanks for being a prayer warrior!

EllaJac said...

Oh wow. poor mama. I'll be praying for her too! And that she and her family will come to know Christ.

Radical | A book by David Platt