About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Thursday, January 31, 2013

No turning back now

Well, we packed up everything we considered a vital necessity and sent it off to Belize!  It was quite an ordeal though!  First, I made the most detailed list ever and we divided that into "needs" and "wants".  Then, we enlisted as much help as we could possibly get for the packing days.  We had several hard workers helping us with our kids, helping load barrels, and helping sort through the endless shelves of books and tools.  We were relieved to get the news that the truck was running behind and wouldn't be to our area until the next day.  Then, the next "day" turned into the next afternoon, the next evening, and finally, 9:30 at night!    

That was definitely a stretch for these punctuality-loving former Marines.  We're going to have to get used to this "Belize Time" way of life.  We've been warned that things never happen "on time" or even in a timely manner down there.  God, please give us patience...

Dan had been at work, and when the driver finally called to say he was getting close to us, Dan left work to come meet him here.  It turned out to be a good thing he did!  The kids and I stood at the window watching the huge moving truck, pulling another trailer behind it, back down our very narrow driveway.  The novelty wore off when I saw him open the trailer doors though.  It was packed.  Both the truck and trailer were LOADED down with other people's belongings already!  How in the world did they expect to fit our 7 huge barrels and big tool box in there?  I felt myself starting to panic and had to go back inside.

Once I had the kids in bed, and had prayed fervently(!), I went back outside.   Dan and I agreed that if they couldn't make our load work, we would not be splitting it up on another truck.  We would just have to find another way to ship our things.  :-/  Dan decided to help the guy unload everything in the small trailer and start over.   I went back in and let the men work their magic.  It took a while, but they finally came inside, finished with loading every piece of our shipment!  

It was completely overwhelming the way it all went down.  But in the end, our things are already in Miami, and are being put on a ship heading towards their destination.  All I can do now is pray that they get there in one piece, without everything breaking!  We'll see next week!!

2 comments:

John and Darlene Glasgow said...

Jana, our prayers are with you as you begin this journey. We've been right where you are and we traveled this path already, so you know we can relate. As this chapter closes for us, we are again back at that same place... just where you are now. It's still a great step of Faith. God has a plan and as long as we remain faithful and in His will for us... everything will be wonderful. Enjoy the journey.

MamaJ said...

Thank you guys! We are praying for you also!

Radical | A book by David Platt