When I heard that, I complained whined said, "Whoa, if I have to use whatever we have in the pantry, shouldn't you? Even if it's slim pickin's?"
Daddy aquiesced, and he confidently began to peruse the cabinets. The kids and I were banned from the kitchen as the preparations began. (Do you know how hard it is to stay out of the kitchen in a 4 room house?) It wasn't long before both smoke detectors went off. But we yanked them off the wall, opened a window, and he continued on bravely.
Pretty soon, he was calling us into the kitchen to see the results! I have to say, I was very very impressed! I think Daddy might be doing more cooking around here. Drumroll, please... Here are the results! He made a yummy dinner of veggies, mashed potatoes, and chicken. Oh, and biscuits. All of which was on hand and obviously invisible when I checked the freezer.
Thank you very much.
(And yes, he used my china and chargers.)



3 comments:
Um, what's a charger?
I'm impressed too. Hubby has been cooking a bit lately, as teh sewing is commanding much time lately... He does "one dish" things. Last night was ground beef with tomatoes, peas, olives, and rye. And LOTS of seasoning. It was edible, too. :)
The "charger" is that gold plate/thing the plates are on. I have no idea why they are called that, either. I'll ask my Mom.
The first time I heard the word charger refering to my kitchen was not a car but, "You spent how much on a WHAT?!?!"
Post a Comment