But, that isn't the only thing that our house is being smothered by. (Embarrassing grimace.) We're being taken over by the paper monster as well! Tons of mail, Sunday school papers, and bills are covering every square inch of my kitchen. The only good news is that means less surface area to dust! Just kidding, sort of. If there was a Clutter Keepers Anonymous, I would be there. Every Monday night.
"Hello, my name is Jana, I am no longer neat."
A used to be an extremely organized person. We had (strict!) inspections weekly in the military, and I never had to worry about failing one. Even as newlyweds, Hubby and I had a spotless little apartment, and I could keep the dusting and cleaning well under thumb. (Of course, we only had two pieces of real furniture to begin with!) Our move from California to NC was a detailed and precise plan of action; complete with numerically labelled boxes, a notebook detailing each box's contents, and a whole slew of "Fragile" boxes to protect who knows what.
Then...we had kids. Not to gross you out, but I think my "neatness gene" got thrown out with the placenta when XMan came along! Of course, this wasn't his fault. But, I have done everything I can think of to remedy the situation, to no avail! Can you believe there isn't a vitamin out there to help you clean your house?! I finally ordered a book called, "Managers of Their Homes," to help me get back on the path to orderliness! There might be hope for me yet.
I spotted this nifty little chart that the Duggar's use, during one of the many taped Discovery Channel documentaries I have on my DVR. I checked out their website and found the source was in fact Teri Maxwell, and her husband Steve, who run Titus 2 Ministries. So, I have finally ordered it, and I hope that my
*Oh, I also saw this book on Stacy McDonald's site recently. It looked pretty awesome as well. But, I had to choose just one!

No comments:
Post a Comment