About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Country at Heart......Maybe.

Howdy y'all. So, I told you I would describe our adventures in House Hunting. I think "hunting" is the perfect term, because as soon as we spot something, it's usually gone! We have been driving all around our town and the surrounding areas looking for something else to live in. At this point, someTHING else is getting close, ha. RV park anyone? (Just kidding, Mother.)

Here's the thing. Hubby and I would both like to live out "in the country," so that our rambunctious boys have some fresh air and lots of room to play. They practically live outside, so I know they would appreciate the freedom of living outside of town. We live on a busy cut-through street and do not have a fence around the yard. So, I would appreciate being able to let them play and not have to worry about how close to the road they are.

We are also getting a DOG soon! This is our first one since our buddy Reagan died last year. The dog is a Great Pyrenees and they like having LOTS of room to play and roam. We would love to have other animals eventually. Goats, maybe a chicken or two, rabbits, whatever. The kids would love this, not to mention all the responsibility "opportunities." None of these really work out well with having a small-ish house in the middle of town.

So, we've been driving further out, looking for an acre or two. We found one cute little place, 1.57 acres, so we called them, and the next day - there was no sign! We called the people again and they never did call back. Hmm. We have found rentals that are wayyyy too expensive, we've found rentals that are wayyyyyy too run-down. We've found places to buy that are wayyyyy too expensive also.

Last week was really the turning point in our search, when we went to go see a little house about 3 minutes away. It was very cute, had 3 bedrooms, 1 1/2 baths, and a HUGE backyard. It was right on another busy street, and right in the middle of another nice neighborhood. It was also right at our price range and the man was very willing to work with us. Yet, when we got home, Hubby and I both agreed it wasn't the house for us. We have to be close enough to Hubby's work for him to get there quickly. No long 45 min. commutes allowed. But, we want to keep looking around the outskirts of town to find something with a little more elbow room.

What's funny about all this "living in the country" talk is that I am finding out how used to being near the grocery store I am! I have never had to make a monthly trip to SAMS Mart or to Costco. Right now, we actually live right across the highway from the grocery store! At the drop of a hat, we can be at church, at the mall, or at Wal-Mart. If I run out of milk, we can run across the street and get more! Living further out will definitely take some getting used to, but I think I could adjust soon enough! I hope so anyway!!

1 comment:

EllaJac said...

Just think, you could forego the 'trip across the street' for milk and use instead a 'trip to the barn' for it. :) Truly, living farther out lends itself to better planning and efficient time use for errands though. Good luck!

Radical | A book by David Platt