About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Friday, July 11, 2008

Because I need the reminder...

"For [Martin] Luther, our prayers are most intense and genuine when we are at our wits' end, when problems press themselves upon us to the extent that we give up, when in our desperation there is literally nothing that we can do. At that lowest point, in prayer, we throw ourselves completely upon the Lord. 'For what sort of prayer would it be if need were not present and pressing upon us,' asked Luther, 'that prayer be thereby the stronger?' (The Sermon on the Mount [1532])". Gene Edward Veith, Jr., God at Work

1 comment:

EllaJac said...

Good thoughts.

I replied to your comment and left a link for the very trap I love.

I hope you can love it as much (and your mice hate it as much). :)

Radical | A book by David Platt