About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sunday School

I don't know if it was all the cold medicine my family was on, (or maybe the heat getting to me in our classroom!) but our family was quite silly this morning in Sunday School.

My friends Heather, Michael and I decided to form a new group based on our current interests: Books, Blogging, Babies and Bread. The bread being that Amish Friendship Bread. Ever had it? Well, once you start you can't stop! It's kind of like "The Song That Never Ends." You get about 3 rounds into it, and you want to slap whoever baked the first loaf turn down any more offers! Hubby says he wants to mail all the yeast to an Amish community and ask them to please, TAKE IT BACK! No, really, it's good stuff. Want to try a bag??? Please????

Then XMan came out of his class telling me all about what he'd learned, "Mommy, we learned about IKEAs and how the XAVIER passed that way!!" Hehe. Really son? He had the details right, just not the words. But, we do like us some Ikea...

4 comments:

Michael Paine said...

It was definately the heat and maybe the yeast in the bread. It might have turned into some alcohol in the heat of that room. LOL who knows SS class was fun this morning. Join the new "b" attitudes club! Don't you love the truth from your babies mouths...:). Have a great day! See you later!

Michael

Cayce said...

I LOVE the Amish Friendship Bread but after about a dozen loaves, my wonderful hubby threatened me within an inch of my life if I made anymore ... HA!!! Man, that was some good stuff. Instead of giving away the batter (that hubby said resembled breast milk a little too much), I would hold onto enough to bake enough for an army. No, that didn't drive the grocery bill up any when it came time to bake ... not to mention the power bill for having to bake that stuff for an hour. Man, my mouth is watering just thinking about it. Feel free to bring me a bag when y'all are up next. I promise I won't tell hubby where it came from.

Smiles!!

Heather said...

I am literally laughing out loud with this post, Jana! Especially the "slap whoever baked the first laof"...uh, that would be YOU that got us started on all this nonsense! I love it, but can I quit now?! :) :) :) The whole post had me laughing! I love love love Xavierisms!!!
I did have fun in SS, though...I hope we didn't "distract" Ron or the other 'students'. :):):)

MamaJ said...

I don't think we distracted anyone other than our husbands, who were trying to "Shush" us! Hehe.

Oh, and I got the bread from my MIL, who got it from someone else, who got it from someone else! See? It's like playing that "6 Degrees of Separation from Kevin Bacon" game. We can trace it all back to someone probably named Elizabeth/Rebecca/Lydia/Yoder/Zook/Weaver from Lancaster, PA!!!

Radical | A book by David Platt