About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Monday, July 21, 2008

I got tagged!

Ok, Heather, I will play along. (Even though you took 1/2 the people I would have used to tag!)

I have been tagged with the "six quirky things" meme! There are WAY more than just 6 quirky things about me, but I'll try to narrow the list down a bit..

Here are the rules:

1) Link to the person who tagged me.
2) Mention the rules.
3) Tell six quirky yet boring, unspectacular details about myself.
4) Tag 6 other bloggers by linking to them.
5) Go to each person’s blog and leave a comment that lets them know they’ve been tagged.


My Quirkiness:

#1. I have tattoos. I have two of them, to be exact. One says "Courage, Beauty, Wisdom," in Chinese letters. (I know it actually says this because I asked a man in Hong Kong to read it.) The other one is a dove with flames above it. At the time I got it, the dove and flames symbolized the Holy Spirit to me. I don't know why I thought the Holy Spirit would be honored by this, but I was a pretty shallow Christian at the time, so what do you expect? Hubby likes to joke that when I am pregnant, my dove turns into an Eagle with a Bonfire above it! HA.


#2. I failed my driver's license test twice. I had to take it with stick-shift vehicles, and they failed me for shifting too hard during the test. We finally borrowed my Grandfather's automatic and I breezed through it!


#3. I also failed the Rifle Range in boot camp. I couldn't shoot the broad side of a barn, and ended up flunking by one point. I had to stay in boot camp for another FOUR weeks with another platoon, until they went to the rifle range and I could try again! But, it turned out okay. I finally passed and some of my old buddies from the first platoon came to see me qualify on the rifle range, which was a pretty big deal.


#4. I already told you about winning the award for Shop class in 6th grade. Here's why I won it... We had to make a platform out of one sheet of 8x10 paper, some Scotch tape and two small pieces of wood. It had to be weight-bearing and not fall over. I designed ours to hold the, um biggest, kid in class. It held him up for almost 3 minutes!!

#5. I am the only redhead in my family.

#6. I took 7 years of Spanish classes, with the intent of teaching English as a Second Language. Don't ask about any of it me now, I cannot remember most of it!

Okay! I am tagging.....
Cayce
Kim
EllaJac
Lori or Reid
Pamela
Melanie

No comments:

Radical | A book by David Platt