SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.
Anyone want a handy dandy Amish Friendship bread starter? Hmmmm? You know you want to!! It's been a few months since the last go 'round. Let me know! I can bring them to MOPS Wednesday if you need me to!
I always had a problem with what to do with all that starter until I read somewhere on the internet that you can put it in the freezer! I put the pre-measured amount in a ziplock bag. I get it out a day or so before I plan to use it.
One other thing- does your recipe call for a box of vanilla pudding? I didn't have any one day, so I threw in banana pudding. It was so yummy that I now ONLY use that and I put in a handful of chocolate chips too.
I just heard about that freezer option last night! I might have to try it, none of my friends took me up on it this time. I used lemon pudding on this batch! That was very yummy!
2 comments:
I always had a problem with what to do with all that starter until I read somewhere on the internet that you can put it in the freezer! I put the pre-measured amount in a ziplock bag. I get it out a day or so before I plan to use it.
One other thing- does your recipe call for a box of vanilla pudding? I didn't have any one day, so I threw in banana pudding. It was so yummy that I now ONLY use that and I put in a handful of chocolate chips too.
I just heard about that freezer option last night! I might have to try it, none of my friends took me up on it this time. I used lemon pudding on this batch! That was very yummy!
Post a Comment