About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Nipping at heels...

When I was growing up, we had a Shetland Sheepdog.    He was a sweet dog, but a tad overprotective.   We would run, he would bark and nip at our heels.  We would jump around and squeal like kids do, and he would bark and nip us into submission.   At least until we figured out we could put him in the laundry room and go play outside without his constant "supervision".    He wasn't trying to be mean, he thought he was doing his job, keeping us all grouped together and safe.  But we weren't sheep, needing constant direction.  We were children who had minds of our own.  We had ideas and creativity that we wanted to go try out.   

Lately, I've been wearing myself out by constantly barking orders and nipping at the smallest details.   I've been running circles around my family, trying to keep everyone on-task and within the parameters of my To Do list.   We recently moved to a new city, a new home, are still looking for a new church, and haven't made any new friends yet.   So, call my stress a coping mechanism, call it what you will...but my family would probably just call it miserable.   I'm not acting much different than our crazy little sheepdog did!  

This season of change has been a difficult and lonely one for our family, but as each day passes, I am trying to remember Who is in control and that He has a perfect plan.  I can assure you it won't look anything like "Jana's Plan" would.   My way would always include the easiest route, the least painful way, the instant gratification button, etc.   I am thankful that I have a Great Shepherd and that His ways are good.    Lord, help me to lead my children and not merely boss them around trying to accomplish goals. 


Psalm 23

A Psalm of David.
 1 The LORD is my shepherd;
         I shall not want.
 2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
         He leads me beside the still waters.
 3 He restores my soul;
         He leads me in the paths of righteousness
         For His name’s sake.
        
 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
         I will fear no evil;
         For You
are with me;
         Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
        
 5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
         You anoint my head with oil;
         My cup runs over.
 6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
         All the days of my life;
         And I will dwell[a] in the house of the LORD
         Forever.





1 comment:

Lexi said...

I'm so sorry! I understand how stressful it is though. It will get better given some time. I'll be praying for you guys as you adjust!

Radical | A book by David Platt